Listen to the podcast episode:
Please write a podcast review if you loved this episode! Your written iTunes reviews encourage other people to listen to this episode and podcast. Thanks for the amazing support!
What do we often NOT talk about with full-time travel? Transitioning from full-time travel back to ‘normal’ life. Priorities shift and it’s knowing when change is needed–no matter what it looks like.
Chelsea, Matt, and Kai learned many lessons from two years on the road, many about themselves and that priorities change. Deciding to return to “normal” life after full-time family travel, they had to redefine what life should look like for for them.
They are Unsettle Down and they still refuse to settle.
Opting for more time at home, Matt signed the papers for his new remote work role while Chelsea was in labor. Once welcoming Kai into the world, they decided to travel Europe with her, versus the alternative to ‘settle down’ with San Diego’s expensive housing options.
Chelsea, Matt, and Kai hit the road with two goals: to travel and to spend time together as a family. On the road, they learned essential skills such as working your plan, creating a family while abroad, the benefits of slow travel, and always keeping your “why” top of mind. They also learned to recognize when to return home as a family.
Now back in Virginia after transitioning from full-time travel, hear how they’ve crafted autonomy into every aspect of their lives — and their passion to share these skills with others. They want to show you and their community how to create more freedom in day-to-day life, regardless of whether you choose to travel or spend more time doing the things you love.
”Don’t call it a dream, call it a plan. Because if you plan it right, then you don’t have to dream.”
- Don’t share your plan until the plan is well in motion
- Focusing on why – the importance of keeping goals top of mind when traveling
- Slow travel is a must when working remotely
- Long term travel is a marathon – not a sprint
- Listening to the whispers & intuition
- Knowing when to transition out of travel
- Preparing mentally for the end of full-time travel
- Working the plan (always)
- How to intentionally design your life and create the mindset for change
- Sustaining the freedom learned from travel to maintain your life priorities
- What’s possible for the growing remote work trend
RESOURCES & LINKS:
Remote Work Job Postings: https://unsettledown.com/resources