Ben and Kelly Lutz thought they’d have to get in all their big travel adventures before they had a child. They thought they’d have to trade in one dream for another. They were in fact told to fit it all in because it’s ‘really difficult to travel with kids.’
Well, they decided to toss that advice aside, travel on their own terms, and create a new lifestyle as The FUNemployed Family. They made a plan, sold everything, and started on a travel sabbatical–with their 2 year old Liesel.
Here’s how they planned it, picked their locations and approach, and how they manage to balance nap time with exploring time in their travels around the world.
Listen to the podcast episode:
Please write a podcast review if you loved this episode! Your written iTunes reviews encourage other people to listen to this episode and podcast. Thanks for the amazing support!
They were 7 months in and in Malaysia when they chatted with me a few weeks ago about:
- the timeline to quit their jobs and sell the house
- how they took one wedding invitation to shape their around the world itinerary
- how they made their goal of traveling full time happen — i ask them for the gritty details you all want to hear!
- what they’ve treasured this past year
- what they’ve been surprised by
- what’s truly challenging about traveling as a family
- the critical must-have components of their day to day travels (spoiler alert: it’s nap time!)
FOLLOW THE FUNEMPLOYED FAMILY ADVENTURES: