06 Nov PODCAST: Why Photography-Focused Trips Deepen Your Travel Experience
Michael Chinnici has traveled the world as a world-class photographer, and he knows the power of photography to elevate a destination experience.
He is the Founder and CEO of Photo Workshop Adventures, a premier photo tour company offering photo-centric adventure vacations in over 100 destinations in over 50 countries. We talked about so many things highlighted below, but I’ll share his two biggest tips for better memories and world-class destination photography.
- Be a storyteller: Find a way to tell a story with characters, backdrops, and movement
- Follow the light: Structure your day according to the sun (if you want killer photos)
Listen to the podcast episode:
- Insight into what makes up an amazing photographic destination
- The ability of the camera to transform your perspective on a destination and level of awareness
- How he ensures that every aspect of the trip (hotel, food, and outings) is perfectly curated putting photography at the center of the trip
- How he justifies staying at a palace or castle (it’s the experience + usually affordable in select spots)
- A typical day on a photo-centric workshop or trip
- The questions or factors to think about to “get the shot you’re looking to get”
- The social media platform that, for him, shifted how people viewed photography, training, and vacationing through pictures (can you guess which one?!?)
- Top photography tips and what to consider when you’re planning your vacation days, and even your meal
ABOUT MICHAEL CHINNICI:
A New York based photographer, creative director and designer, Michael Chinnici has traveled the world photographing people, urban and street, architecture, landscapes, motorsports, aerial and fashion.
He is the Founder and CEO of Photo Workshop Adventures, a premier photo tour company offering photo-centric adventure vacations in over 100 destinations in over 50 countries. He has helped design and build many of the photo adventures and manages the companies private photo adventures for select guests around the world.
Currently he’s pursuing an ongoing visual storytelling project titled “Vanishing Cuba” which includes images from his numerous trips to Cuba. Upon recording this episode, he was headed out on his 20th trip there!