16 Apr PODCAST: Sustainable Travel, Zero-Waste & #VanLife with an Eco-Entrepreneur
Listen to the podcast episode:
Please write a podcast review if you loved this episode! Your written iTunes reviews encourage other people to listen to this episode and podcast. Thanks for the amazing support!
Callee Ackland grew up on the west coast in Oregon, where she learned the importance of sustainability. After serving in the Navy, Callee chose van life as a sustainable travel option. Since then, Callee has seen most of the United States , and plans to continue her travels in her 2014 Ram Promaster campervan.
She’s now also an eco-entrepreneur + zero waste activist. She’s the owner of a Zero Waste Store Bestowed Essentials, a line of sustainable home goods with an online shop + a retail storefront in Rapid City, South Dakota.
We talked all about having more travel in life through sustainable lifestyle choices with a smaller carbon footprint and how to implement eco-friendly practices. If you want to make better and smarter choices, this is a fantastic conversation with Callee!
“It’s important no matter what you do, no matter what your hobby is, to do it in the most eco-friendly way possible.”
- How Callee got into Van Life
- Unique day-to-day decisions required of Van Life
- How van life forces positive change and conscious choices
- What is the Zero Waste Movement?
- Where can you find zero waste stores?
- Most impactful ways we can change our routines for more sustainable living
- The importance of “breaking the mold” at a young age
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED:
To Find a Zero Waste Store Near You: ZeroWasteHome.com, Litterless.com
Composting: ShareWaste App