14 May PODCAST: Mindful Travel Practices: Developing Deeper Presence in our Travel
As a mindfulness-based psychotherapist, Lena Franklin has a unique vision and mission. By teaching the art of mindfulness and meditation, Lena integrates the most beautiful and inspiring travel destinations into her work to help others heal and experience a destination in a completely unique way.
In this episode, we talk about how we can all integrate more mindful travel practices while traveling to get a deeper experience with any destination.
Listen to the podcast episode:
Please write a podcast review if you loved this episode! Your written iTunes reviews encourage other people to listen to this episode and podcast. Thanks for the amazing support!
She has developed an internationally recognized mindfulness-based business where she sees individual clients, guides mindfulness retreats, teaches yoga and meditation trainings and provides personal growth workshops.
She’s the head of mindfulness for Welzen App and serves as an international spiritual teacher and leader on retreats for Pravassa.
Lena grew up with a delicate balance of East & West with a Buddhist Vietnamese mother and Presbyterian psychologist father. When Lena’s mother passed, she began to hear a voice calling her to the East. Once answered, Lena was thrown on an incredible journey around Asia, landing her where she is today– teaching others the healing power of mindfulness in travel.
She’s passionate about the power of travel to enable our own healing and to help bring a deeper peace to us — through the state of presence we often experience in travel. In this episode, we walk through her personal and professional path and story to integrate East and West for her own healing, how it flows within her work, and deepens the work in her travels.
From her website:
“Presence is the greatest gift we can give ourselves and the world. When we come home to presence, we transform.”
- What is mindfulness healing
- The transformative power of presence & how travel consistently allows us to feel that
- What we stand to gain from the disruption of routine when we travel
- The scientific reasons why we feel travel helps change and heal us
- How we can incorporate presence into our travel to experience any trip or destination at a deeper level
- How to make your travel more intentional (and enjoyable!)
- Wellness travel with Lena: what a Pravassa trip with Lena looks like
- Why is this trend of wellness travel & mindful travel growing?
- BONUS: Lena walks us through a guided meditation session (finish the episode… so worth it!)
RESOURCES & LINKS
Mentioned in this episode: